What about an auto-unequip helmet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What about an auto-unequip helmet

Post by chaoruge on 22nd November 2014, 23:13

Suggestion =DD

So I got this Idea, what about an auto unequip helmet when off combat, where the helmet goes to the waist/belt?

Have a good rest Dragondude, I'm sure that everybody is waiting you with some heartful embraces cheers
chaoruge
Hatchling
Hatchling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What about an auto-unequip helmet

Post by DragonDude on 3rd December 2014, 11:12

Well, auto-unequip arrows is being implemented as an optional feature, so why not! It will be an optional feature in the MCM. It probably won't be in the next update though, unless I can do it pretty quick. Last time I checked the combat flag was busted for the player actor D: I'll have to find some way around that, I dunno, maybe checking to see if other things in the vicinity are in combat with the player.
DragonDude
Holy Dragon
Holy Dragon

View user profile http://dragondudemods.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chaoruge on 3rd December 2014, 14:07

Heeeya Dude, thanks for all the replies xD

So, about the Auto unequip, it's something like this mod/script already does, but putting the helmet on the waist/belt

www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13298/

Thanks DD
chaoruge
Hatchling
Hatchling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonDude on 14th December 2014, 21:07

Putting the helmet on the waist.... hmmm. That will be doable with the alpha framework, but for now I will just make it unequip the helmet.
DragonDude
Holy Dragon
Holy Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by dubbad29 on 15th December 2014, 20:42

I love the idea of having the helmet visible on the waist. I played with auto-unequip helms for a while, but it was pretty immersion breaking to have your helmet vanish into thin air when you lower your weapon.
dubbad29
Hatchling
Hatchling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UnmeiX on 31st December 2014, 22:40

If this actually removed the helmet, I can imagine it conflicting with mods that prevent equipping in combat (like Animations).
UnmeiX
Hatchling
Hatchling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonDude on 27th February 2015, 22:56

Equipping animations is being integrated into this mod anyways (optionally) Razz But it will be conflict free because it, like everything else, will be optional via MCM.
DragonDude
Holy Dragon
Holy Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonDude on 27th February 2015, 22:57

Thought notably, it won't technically unequip the helmet, just remodel it to be on the waist while not in combat.
DragonDude
Holy Dragon
Holy Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by UnmeiX on 16th March 2015, 06:45

DragonDude wrote:Thought notably, it won't technically unequip the helmet, just remodel it to be on the waist while not in combat.
With this said; compatibility concerns totally out the window. ^^
UnmeiX
Hatchling
Hatchling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodclaw on 24th March 2015, 06:12

UnmeiX wrote:
DragonDude wrote:Thought notably, it won't technically unequip the helmet, just remodel it to be on the waist while not in combat.
With this said; compatibility concerns totally out the window. ^^

Personally I have one small concern, but it's due to my choice of mods: in Kryptokr's "Trade and Barter" there's a penalty for talking to someone while wearing an helm or hood, so this is probably a feature I would never use since it would make things a bit confusing for me.
Woodclaw
Hatchling
Hatchling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dubbad29 on 26th March 2015, 14:25

I haven't used trade and barter in a while, but couldn't you disable the hood penalty in the MCM?  

I mean, when I used it, I know I played with that feature because it made sense (merchants won't give you a deal if you walk up looking shady AF).  However, with this proposed feature, your character, despite technically having a hood/helm "equipped," wouldn't look shady; the helm's on the belt, not over the face.  Since you'd always approach merchants with your helm visually unequipped, the penalty would never be active.

That made more sense in my head than it does on the page, but do you see where I'm going?
dubbad29
Hatchling
Hatchling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodclaw on 26th March 2015, 16:24

dubbad29 wrote:I haven't used trade and barter in a while, but couldn't you disable the hood penalty in the MCM?  

I mean, when I used it, I know I played with that feature because it made sense (merchants won't give you a deal if you walk up looking shady AF).  However, with this proposed feature, your character, despite technically having a hood/helm "equipped," wouldn't look shady; the helm's on the belt, not over the face.  Since you'd always approach merchants with your helm visually unequipped, the penalty would never be active.

That made more sense in my head than it does on the page, but do you see where I'm going?

I'll have to check Trade & Barter MCM, but knowing Kryptokr's fondness for options, I think you're right.
Woodclaw
Hatchling
Hatchling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top