Crash when updating shield for 4.25

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crash when updating shield for 4.25

Post by jerrydrake on 20th October 2014, 13:04

Hello,
I do not know if it is a problem of the MOD or a combination with other mods but the game constantly crashes when the mod alpha updates the shield.

May I ask you some help?

Thanks,
JD
jerrydrake
Egg
Egg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crash when updating shield for 4.25

Post by DragonDude on 20th October 2014, 16:16

Does this crash occur when attempting to display any equipment other than shields?

First thing you need to make sure is that the dependencies of the alpha are covered. So Make sure the skeleton, and likely it's physics requirement mods, as well as the meshes are all properly installed. Make sure DSR is not running when the alpha is.

It could be memory issues, make sure to check that you aren't running out of RAM or VRAM.

It's possible that it's an instability simply due to the nature of the alpha (which is getting replaced for these reasons), but that wouldn't make much sense if all other equipment types were fine.
DragonDude
Holy Dragon
Holy Dragon

View user profile http://dragondudemods.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrydrake on 20th October 2014, 16:46

I have checked. If I enable realistic unequipping it does not happen anymore. It also does not happen if I disable shields in the config on the right of mcm.
It happens only with shields when realistic unequipping is disabled.
Also some shields (custom ones) do not appears. Even if the mesh is present with correct name in the correct directory.

Thanks,
JD
jerrydrake
Egg
Egg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonDude on 20th October 2014, 17:02

When specifically are the crashes occurring? Any consistency on what is displayed on the player (weapon types), what is equipped to the character, and what actions are occurring?

In theory the only reason why specific shields couldn't be displayed is if the meshes couldn't be located. This does not stop the mod from trying to display a shield (one with a non-existent mesh). That maybe could cause instability if it were to happen repeatedly in a single session.

But then it wouldn't make any sense why turning on realistic unequip would help.

I'm going to need to think about this, any additional info is always appreciated!
DragonDude
Holy Dragon
Holy Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrydrake on 20th October 2014, 22:17

I will make some more testing and will report you.

JD

EDIT: ok, I've made some test. I took a Hide Shield and a Iron Shield. Fr both of them I have the mesh (extracted from DSR).
I add to preferite the hide shield and after some time it shows up on my back. After I remove it from preferites and add to preferite the iron shield. Now something different happens in the two cases:
1) If I have realistic un-equip enabled, the hide shield disappears and nothing appears. If I save and reload the game, the iron shield appears.
2) If I have not enabled realistic un-equip, the hide shield appears and then the game crashes.

This happens only with shield. If I disable management for shields it is really stable and I have no delays in the pdating of weapons.

Hope this helps...

JD

Last edited by jerrydrake on 21st October 2014, 11:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : performed some tests)
jerrydrake
Egg
Egg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrydrake on 22nd October 2014, 15:59

Mmm... no. I think that my save is broken our I have a problem with some other mod... a different profile of mod manager has no problem. Really strange thing. The shield appears on the back and the game crashes when I exit inventory... bah

JD

EDIT: Ok, I figured out what was the problem. It seems that I have problems using current version of the mod 26800 from Nexus ... The file that gives the problem to me is the skeleton_female.hkx.

Any suggestion?

Bye,
JD
jerrydrake
Egg
Egg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonDude on 26th October 2014, 22:26

Hmm, there really isn't any alternatives to XP32's skeleton. You have the physics mod installed, right? If the skeleton files are all in place and the shield meshes exist there should be no issues.

Also, sorry for taking a while to respond, I don't get notifications on edits. Only new posts. Please keep this in mind!
DragonDude
Holy Dragon
Holy Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top